What (if any) are the minimum formalities for the sale and purchase of real estate in Ukraine?
The minimum formalities for the sale and purchase of real estate in Ukraine are as follows:
- validity of seller’s ownership should be confirmed (relevant checks are done at the Rights Register);
- sale-purchase agreement must be notarised and registered;
- title change (i.e. ownership of the buyer) must be duly registered in the Rights Register.
Non-resident buyers may also need to complete some preliminary steps such as translating foreign documents into Ukrainian (this may also involve legalisation or apostilisation depending on country of documents’ origin), obtaining a Ukrainian tax identification number (in case of individuals), opening an investment or other type of account at local banks, etc.
For those who are buying a flat, house or land plot in Lviv
This Package Includes
- one hour consultation
- due diligence of selected property
- bilingual sale-purchase contract
- deal signing and closing
Still have any questions?